April 12 - Snapshot Day 2011 for all libraries
A day for Libraries to gather photos and comments to illustrate the wide range of activities and resources that benefit the academic community and the state
Apr 12, 2011
from 12:05 AM to 11:55 PM
|Where||All UW Libraries|
|Add event to calendar||
All libraries staff are invited to bring their cameras, use their cellphones, to take their best shots on Tuesday, April 12, Washington Library Snapshot Day.
Washington Library Snapshot Day is part of a ALA to illustrate the importance of libraries and to show the vast range of services and resources we provide to the campus, community and state. The snapshots you take will become part of a historic photographic archive of the UW Libraries. Selected photos will be featured in our public Snapshot webpage and may be used in future library promotional material.
Some photo suggestions: daily activity in your unit, your favorite places in the libraries, whatever you feel captures our libraries.
If you will be taking photos in the public areas of the library, print off copies of the "Photo Release Form" in case you take photos that include identifiable non-library staff (e.g., students, faculty, etc.) -- a pdf copy can be found at <https://staffweb.lib.washington.edu/units/publications/templates/photo-release-form> as well as in the Snapshot 2011 dropbox (see below).
To submit your photos:
- Go to the Snapshot 2011 dropbox in shareddocs [\\files\SharedDocs\PublicServices\Libraries Snapshot 2011 Dropbox]
- Create a folder named with your UWnetid(e.g., betsyw)
- Place all your photos in your folder.
- This will allow the Snapshot committee to attribute you properly and to contact you should we have questions.
Students, faculty and all patrons will also be invited to submit photos and comments about the Libraries using the following methods:
- by completing the following sentence: UW Libraries are important to me because _______________ . An anonymous comment form will be linked from the Libraries website at http://www.lib.washington.edu/snapshot. Each library and unit is encouraged to have index cards or post-its handy for in-person comments. A mini-sign will be available to post at desks.
- by posting comments on the Libraries' FaceBook page and to Twitter tagged with #UWLibSnap11
- by submitting their own photos to the Libraries Snapshot Day Flickr pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/uwlibsnap11/
Thank you for participating in the 2011 Snapshot Day! We're looking forward to seeing hundreds of wonderful photographs.