Weekly Online News 01-03-2012
University of Washington Libraries Weekly Online News
Any library staff member planning on attending a UW Seattle campus event announced below may request disability accommodation by contacting the UW Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or email@example.com. For events held at UW Tacoma and UW Bothell, please contact the respective Disability Services Offices.
News and Announcements
This week in Dangerous Liaisons!
- Join a faculty learning community! Topics include Engaging Students in Larger Classes, Social Media for Learning, Leading Dynamic Discussions, and Interactive Theater and Pedagogy. http://blogs.uw.edu/libcomm/2011/12/winter-2012-faculty-professional-learning-communities/
- Event: Teaching and Learning with Technology Ignites! January 25th at 3pm in Odegaard Library, room 220 Learn more at: http://blogs.uw.edu/libcomm/2011/12/join-us-teaching-and-learning-with-technology-ignites/
If you haven't already, please consider subscribing to the Dangerous Liaisons! blog. You may set up an email alert for new stories or subscribe via RSS. See <http://blogs.uw.edu/libcomm/>
- Verletta Kern
Interviews & Presentations - Systems Librarian
There will be two interviews for the position of Systems Librarian: Web Development and Support, in Information Technology Services. The presentation topic will be: Mobile Strategy for Libraries Content. Staff are invited to attend the presentations by the candidates, presentation times and locations are listed below. A copy of full interview schedules and information about the candidates is available here.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
10:30 – 11:30 am
Systems Librarian, University of Washington
Friday, January 13, 2012
10:30 – 11:30 am
Digital Resources Specialist, Portland Community College
Please contact Charles Chamberlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 5-1978, if you have any questions.
Calendar of Events, Classes, Workshops, Webcasts
Employment opportunities: List of open positions in the Libraries.
- GIS Infrastructure & Support Specialist. Posted December 22. Open until filled. This Senior Computer Specialist (Professional Staff Program) will serve as the technical and operational lead for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and support of the Libraries’ GIS infrastructure. This is a two-year appointment; continuation beyond the two-year term is contingent on the Libraries identifying alternative sources of funding. http://goo.gl/mUsmH
- Nordic Studies / Assistant Instruction Librarian. Posted, November 14. Applications due 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 31. The Nordic Studies Librarian/Assistant Instruction Coordinator is responsible for collection development, reference, and outreach in Scandinavian Studies. As Assistant Instruction Coordinator, works with the Undergraduate Instruction Coordinator to design, implement and coordinate information literacy programs. http://www.lib.washington.edu/about/employment/librarians/nordic
- Charles Chamberlin
New temporary appointment:
- Pat Devine, Network Outreach Coordinator, Health Sciences Library, 2011-12-16
- Dale Goodvin, Access Services Lead, UW Tacoma Library, 2011-12-29
- Margarete Walden, Reference and Instruction Librarian, UW Bothell/Cascadia Library, 2011-12-27
- Erik Dahl
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- If you wish to add your electronic address to the distribution, or have questions about the HR portion of WON, please send a message to Libraries Human Resources, email@example.com
- The deadline for Weekly Online News articles is every Monday at 9 am.
- Enter events, workshops and webcasts directly in the calendar via the StaffWeb event form
- Submit news articles and announcements using the online form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Individuals are responsible for the content of items they submit